“Chevrolet is connecting with more consumers around the world thanks to the strongest product lineup in the brand’s history,” said Chris Perry, Chevrolet vice president of global marketing. “Chevrolet will continue to build on this momentum by introducing 25 new products around the world in 2013.”
The Cruze continues to be the best-selling Chevrolet nameplate with more than 550,000 sold so far this year and more than 1.65 million sold since the car was launched. Sales of the Spark mini car, Aveo/Sonic small car and 2013 Malibu mid-size sedan are rising as more vehicles become available in dealer showrooms. The launch of the Colorado mid-size truck in Thailand has propelled the brand to monthly sales far exceeding the brand’s total in-country sales in 2011.
Chevrolet posted sales increases over the third quarter of last year in all of its top five markets including:
- The United States – 458,721 vehicles, an increase of 2.1 percent, led by record sales of passenger cars including best-ever monthly sales for Volt, Cruze, Sonic and Spark.
- China – 152,328 units, an increase of 3.7 percent.
- Brazil – 182,906 sales, up 13.5 percent. The brand will introduce the all-new Onix, a small hatchback that will offer consumers easy-to-use connectivity through Chevrolet MyLink, at the Sao Paulo Auto Show next week.
- Russia – 58,453 sales, up 28.8 percent. Momentum continues to build with the launch of seven new products for the region next year.
- In Mexico, Chevrolet sold 43,852 vehicles in the quarter, an increase of 12.9 percent.
Chevrolet, traditionally an American brand, today records more than 60 percent of its sales outside the U.S. market.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.