According to Chevy Spark early buyer data, Spark owners are:
- The next-generation customer – Spark is “igniting” the interest of some of Chevrolet’s youngest buyers, with 29 percent of customers under 35.
- New to Chevy – Nearly 54 percent of Spark purchases are conquest sales – buyers who are new to the brand. More than one in five buyers is coming from an import car brand.
- Majority female – Fifty-one percent of Sparks are purchased by women, more than any other Chevrolet vehicle.
- Sizzling with Salsa – Twenty-three percent of Spark owners are choosing Salsa Red, making it the Spark’s most popular exterior color. Jalapeno Green and Denim Blue are the second- and third-most popular Spark colors.
- Seeking a value and fuel economy – Early Spark owners indicate their most important reasons for purchasing a Spark were fuel economy and price to value.
The 2013 Chevrolet Spark, a four-passenger, five-door hatchback, was designed to challenge what’s possible in the mini car segment. Spark is the only car in its segment to provide MyLink Radio – a seven-inch color touch screen radio capable of displaying smartphone-based music, videos, photos and contacts for hands-free calling.
The Spark has the lowest starting MSRP in the mini care segment, and offers competitive EPA-estimated fuel economy of 38 mpg highway.
Though small on the outside, Spark offers more passenger and cargo room than other mini cars, with 225 percent more cargo room than a Scion iQ and 20 percent more than a Fiat 500.
Launched in Korea in 2009 and now available in almost every country in the world, the Spark came to the U.S. market is in response to the growing popularity of mini cars among U.S. consumers.
Expanding the Spark lineup, the 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV is designed to make the trip as electrifying as the destination. It will be priced under $25,000 with tax incentives and will be available in California, Oregon, Canada, South Korea and other global markets.
For more information on the 2013 Chevy Spark, visit www.chevrolet.com/Spark
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.