“The Silverado Texas Edition recognizes the fact that one out of every six full-size pickups are sold in Texas,” said Maria Rohrer, Silverado marketing director. “It combines features that add real value for Silverado customers with unique badging that honors the connection between Texans and their trucks.”
The Texas Edition is available either on the midlevel Silverado LT or on the more upscale LTZ. For the LT version, the Texas editions adds 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, a trailering package, locking rear differential, body-color outside mirror caps and door handles, and Texas Edition badges. For LTZ models, the 20-inch wheels, door handles and mirror caps are chrome and a Bose premium audio system is added.
Like all 2014 Silverado 1500 models, the Texas Editions include:
- All-new EcoTec3 engines – a standard 285-horsepower (212 kW) V-6 on the LT and 355-horsepower (250 kW) V-8 on the LTZ
- A stronger, quieter, more comfortable cab
- A refined new interior with features and connectivity tailored to the needs of truck customers
- Powerful, intuitive connectivity via Chevrolet MyLink
- Revised steering, suspension and brakes for improved ride and handling
- Ingenious solutions for managing cargo in the bed.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.